Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Help from ChemRefer

ChemRefer is a free service that finds articles for chemical questions, using advertising to make money.

I asked them for an article where a phenol was used in a Ugi synthesis.

They found a JACS article where phenol and Ugi were keywords but unfortunately in the Ugi reaction there was no free phenols and no explanation that phenols need to be protected in that step.

The answer to this question is important because it will change the starting materials we will buy.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had used ChemRefer as well for another area in chemistry, and the sites they gave me were quite useful...I think the difference in my case was that the question I had was not as specific as the one you had...

I guess they will improve over time, or another issue could simply be that there is no content on the web that answers your question!!

Vic, Castor Oil Online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License